When you visit our website,
https://snowplowanalytics.com and other subdomains owned and run by Snowplow Analytics Limited (company number 07852221 with registered office is at The Rome Building, 32-38 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4RQ, United Kingdom), we track:
- Anonymous (not personally identifiable) information about you: specifically your IP address, the ID set of on a device cookies we set, information about the type device you are accessing our website from including information about the browser and operating system. We use this information to tie the information we receive from you into a complete picture of the actions you've taken on our website.
- Which pages on our website you visit, and how long you spend on each.
- Any actions you take on a page e.g. PDFs you download or webforms you fill in.
- Where you fill in a webform, we record the details that you leave. Note that this will often include personal identifiable information like your name or email address. (But only if you explicitly share these with us through the webform.)
We use this information to:
- Distinguish between people who visit our website who are already using our technology, with those who are not.
- Understand for those who are not currently using our technology, how effective our website is at persuading them to use our technology and services.
- Understand for thsoe who are currently using our technology how effectively we're supporting them with our website and the material published on it.
- Get in touch with users who have left personal identifiable informaiton on our website to anser the specific questions or discuss the specific issues they have raised with us through our web forms.
We believe that by using the data as documented above, we benefit visitors to our website (by using the data to provide them with the best possible service) and benefit ourselves (because using the data to keep our users happy enables us to grow our business).
We take data security very seriously. We have technical and organizational measures in place to ensure that any data collected is secure once we receive it. Transmitting information over the internet is not completely within our control, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data in transit.
The only scenario in which the data is shared with anyone outside of our company is for demonstration purposes: we use our own technology to collect this data and may show anonymized slices of the data to prospective clients in order to explain how our technology works. However we do not ever share personal identfiable infromation as part of any demos (this data is always anonymized before sharing).