NB. This release introduces a change to how assets are hosted – rather than hosting the tracker on CloudFront, we now publish the asset to the GitHub release. Users who have previously relied on the CloudFront hosted asset must host the tracker on their own CDN, as is recommended practice. More detail in the New deployment process and Upgrading sections.
Read on below the fold for:
- Tracking GDPR basis for processing with the GDPR context
- New deployment process
- Updates and bug fixes
- Documentation and help
1. Tracking GDPR basis for processing with the GDPR context
This release introduces the
enableGdprContext method, which once enabled appends a GDPR context to all events. This allows users to easily record the basis for data collection and relevant documentation, and enables a straightforward audit flow for all events.
enableGdprContext takes four arguments:
- GdprBasis (required string enum, must be one of the following values: consent, contract, legalObligation, vitalInterests, publicTask, legitimateInterests)
- documentId (string)
- documentVersion (string, max 16 chars)
- documentDescription (string)
It is called as follows:
Documentation can be found here
2. New deployment process
The tracker asset is now published as a Github Release (the
sp.js file) – which can be hosted on your own CDN – we recommend that it is hosted on the same domain in which the tracker is called. Snowplow Insights customers should contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the upgrade process.
There are additional advantages to doing this:
- Upgrading tracker versions can now be managed more easily by rotating the hosted asset rather than changing client-side tracking code (where changes are non-breaking).
3. Updates and bug fixes
Other updates and bugfixes include:
- Core: Send focus_form ‘type’ field as ‘elementType’ (#731)
- Update Sauce Connect version (#735)
- Ensure that the intended version is deployed (#739)
The tracker is available as a published asset in the 2.11.0 Github release:
To upgrade, host the
sp.js asset in a CDN, and call the tracker from there.
There are no breaking API changes introduced with this release.
5. Documentation and help
The v2.11.0 release page on GitHub has the full list of changes made in this version.