We’re on a mission to empower
companies to use data
to make better decisions.
That starts with giving companies control of their data, so that they are free to ask and answer any question of their data.
Back in 2012 we became very excited about the possibilities presented
by digital event data!
The idea behind Snowplow was to provide a platform to enable any company to collect their granular event data for themselves, in their own cloud account so that data analysts and scientists could free themselves from the constraints imposed by the web analytics vendors.
The idea remains the same today: Snowplow enables you to track any event data; ask any question of that data and use any tool you want to answer it.
Snowplow Major Milestones
- Snowplow is launched on Amazon Web Services.
- Snowplow launches support for loading data into Amazon Redshift.
- Snowplow schema’ing tech (Iglu) is released.
- First full-time team member hired.
- First Snowplow Meetups held in London, Berlin, San Francisco and Sydney.
- Launched SDK for building real-time apps on top of Snowplow data.
- Meetups held in New York, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Budapest and Boston.
- Reached 100+ Snowplow Insights customers.
- First company Away Week’s in Berlin and Prague.
- Snowplow launches native support on Google Cloud Platform.
- A growing team of 35 Snowplowers.
Alex DeanCo-founder & CEO
Alex is a polymath: a keen technologist with a passion for functional programming, cloud-based architectures and big data technologies, he also has a passion for innovation and organizational change. Prior to co-founding Snowplow, he'd worked in technology roles at OpenX and in the Business Intelligence department at Deloitte Consulting, as well as strategy roles at Fathom Partners and Keplar LLP.
Yali SassoonCo-founder & CPO
At Snowplow, Yali gets to combine his love of building things with his fascination of the ways in which people use data to reason; something he cultivated when studying his BA in Natural Sciences and MPhil in the History and Philosophy of Science, and further developed as a Strategy & Operations Consultant (at PwC, Bestshore and Keplar LLP) and a Data Analyst at OpenX.
We’re a global
We have our base in London, but we operate as a truly global and distributed company.
Our team is spread out all over the world and takes advantage of our remote culture to work from anywhere they fancy!