The Snowplow Analytics Cookbook
Snowplow enables analysts to perform a wide variety of both simple and sophisticated analytics on your event data.
In this section of the website (which we are building out to include more and more analyses), we provide examples and sample queries to perform many of those analyses.
Whilst it is possible to dive in and start crunching Snowplow data, it is helpful to understand the Snowplow data model (including how that model can be extended in customer-specific ways) and the Snowplow data pipeline. In this section, we cover these foundational concepts in detail.
- Dictionaries and schemas
- Stages in the Snowplow data pipeline
- Sending data into Snowplow
- Viewing event-level data in Snowplow
- Data modeling
Performing analysis in Snowplow
There are many ways to analyse Snowplow data.
- Basic recipes. Simple web analytics to get started with Snowplow data.
- Customer analytics. Understand your customers and users.
- Catalog analytics. Understand the different ways content items (articles / videos) and products in your catalog drive user behavior and value.
- Platform analytics. Understand how updates to your application change user behavior and grow value.
- Tools and techniques. Useful techniques to employ with Snowplow data across a range of analyses.