Support Engineer Remote, UTC+8 - UTC+10
Our Managed Service offering has grown significantly over the last year, and we now orchestrate and monitor the Snowplow event pipeline for over 100 customers, many of them processing billions of events per month. The support that we provide to our customers is a core part of the Managed Service offering, and we strive to provide the best technical support of any analytics vendor.
Having grown our team to two support engineers with a broad timezone reach (Alberta, Canada to Berlin, Germany), we are now looking to move to a full “follow the sun” model, and hire our third support engineer in the UTC+8 to UTC+10 timezone range. We can be slightly flexible around this timezone range, but this is not a role for a candidate working nights.
This is a support engineering role - not a support agent role. We are looking for candidates who can learn, troubleshoot and explain the many complex technical systems that make up the Snowplow offering. We expect you to have an analytical mind, a high level of customer empathy and an enthusiasm for improving processes and systems. Depending on where your passions lie, there is a path from Support Engineering at Snowplow into Account Management, Analytics, Tech Ops or Engineering.
Responsibilities for our third support engineer will include:
- Handling customer tickets in Zendesk, resolving if possible or escalating further to our Analytics, Tech Ops, Account Management, Engineering or Product teams
- Handling Snowplow job failures in PagerDuty, communicating the failure to our customer and either resolving if possible, or working with the customer and/or Snowplow teams to resolve
- Providing help to the open-source Snowplow community in our Discourse forums
- Working with customers on regular support tasks including: upgrading their Snowplow implementations; sharing security best practices; enabling new Snowplow features for their account
- Creating playbooks, documentation and software to reduce your support workload even as we add more customers to our Managed Service
- Collaborating with Snowplow teams on bug fixes and new features for both our open source projects and our proprietary orchestration and monitoring technology, to make the Managed Service easier to scale
- Providing a daily hand-off of open and ongoing support incidents to the following support shift
Excellent customer support is at the core of Snowplow’s commercial offering, so in this role you will be working closely with Snowplow co-founders Alex Dean and Yali Sassoon. You will join the support rotation, and take on an agreed number of evening and weekend support hours (compensated). While the ongoing Managed Service support commitment is the first priority, our support engineers will regularly take full days to work on projects that are strategic for the Support team or wider company.
Being in UTC+8 to UTC+10 will place you some distance from Snowplow’s offices in London and New York. You will be treated as a full member of the team, with regular opportunities to interact with the rest of the company, including face-to-face.
We’d love to get to know you if:
- You have a broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding. This role would be a great fit for somebody who has completed an analytically rigorous degree or programming boot camp, or has dabbled in programming, QA or other automation
- You communicate with clarity and empathy. Snowplow customers are highly technology- and data-literate, and expect Managed Service support to be responsive, well-informed and always mindful of their business goals
- You have a passion for problem solving. You will be constantly working with customers and internal Snowplow teams to solve Managed Service problems in as effective, time-efficient and repeatable way as possible - you must love troubleshooting
- You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process. Managed Service customers trust us with their event pipelines and AWS accounts - this is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not welcome calls from recruitment consultants.